Providing Unique Investment Solutions Through Innovative Mutual Funds and Separate Accounts
SunAmerica Asset Management, LLC manages and/or administers approximately $74.3 billion in assets as of March 31, 2014. These assets are spread across a family of 19 retail mutual funds and the underlying separate account assets of variable annuities issued through affiliated insurance companies.
The firm's unique products include alternative strategies, global allocation portfolios and focused strategies, each of which is designed to meet specific investment objectives. The company's investment management approach combines strong in-house talent with highly respected independent money managers. SunAmerica Asset Management takes pride in its history of developing and introducing innovative funds and delivering consistent performance across many investment disciplines.
SunAmerica Asset Management, LLC is a member of AIG Life and Retirement, one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S. based on assets under management of nearly $318 billion as of December 31, 2013. AIG Life and Retirement member companies serve over 18 million customers and have over $900 billion of life insurance in force. Together, there are more than 300,000 financial professionals appointed to sell AIG Life and Retirement products, and nearly 13,000 employees with sales locations in every state in the nation.
AIG Life and Retirement member companies include:
- Advisor Group - this group, comprised of FSC Securities Corporation, Royal Alliance, SagePoint Financial, and Woodbury Financial Services has nearly 6,000 independent financial advisors and is one of the largest independent broker-dealer networks in the United States.
- American General - from protection and asset accumulation to income management and wealth transfer, American General's product portfolio includes a full line of life insurance, deferred and payout annuities, accident and health products and worksite and group benefits.
- American General Life and Accident Insurance Company (AGLA) - AGLA serves the needs of middle market consumers and small business owners with quality insurance products that include riders to help with the costs of critical or long-term illnesses and conditions.
- SunAmerica Retirement Markets - a pioneer in the retirement savings industry with roots dating back to 1890. Today, the company meets America's retirement income needs with industry-leading variable annuities that combine professional asset management with innovative lifetime income solutions.
- Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (VALIC) - a market leader in group retirement savings plans, with more than half a century of service as a plan provider for education, government and healthcare institutions.
- Western National - one of the first insurance companies to develop fixed annuity products specifically for sale through banks. For the past 15 years, it has been the #1 provider of fixed annuity products in the bank marketplace.