We strongly value your trust and believe in protecting any Information we may collect about you in the course of providing our services. This notice is provided to you on behalf of the Companies listed below. It is intended to help you understand our policies and procedures regarding private information.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
We collect Information about you that is necessary to our contracts, products, services and other business relationships with you, and use it for those business purposes. We define "Information" to include:
- Information provided to us, such as on applications and administrative forms via mail and facsimile, over the telephone, or through our website.
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or third parties.
- Information we obtain when you:
- - Open an account
- - Provide account information
- - Give us your contact information
- - Deposit money
- - Make a wire transfer
- - Close/surrender an account
For the most part, the Information we collect is given to us directly by either you or your registered representative/agent or financial advisor via your application for one of our contracts, products or services. For security purposes, we may request you to provide certain Information to access your account on our website. We may also collect Information during the processes of evaluating claims for benefits and providing administration and service on our products. Additionally, we may collect Information about your transactions with us or with others that provide services on our behalf.
What Information Do We Disclose and To Whom?
We disclose your Information as is necessary and/or customary in order to conduct our business, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law or by you. The types of personal information we collect and share may depend on the contract, product or service you purchased. This information can include, but may not be limited to:
- Social Security number
- Transaction history
- Payment history
- Account balances
- Account transactions
- Health information (if applicable and legally permissible)
Your Information may be disclosed to:
- Others who provide business functions for us such as contract administration, mailing services and/or processing transactions for your account. For example, your Information may be disclosed to a service provider that generates account statements for us.
- Our affiliated companies as permitted by applicable law, including the American General family of companies.
- Other companies with whom we may have joint marketing agreements, which are agreements between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products to you so that you may be provided with a wider variety of products and services. We currently do not have joint marketing agreements whereby your private information is shared. In the event that we enter into such an agreement, you will be notified, and given the opportunity to limit the sharing of your Information.
- Other third parties as permitted by applicable law.
We do not sell your Information to other companies so that they may solicit you.
Why can't You Limit All Sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes – information about your credit worthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
How Do We Protect Privacy Online?
Our concern for the privacy of our customers naturally extends to those who use SunAmerica Account Access on our website www.safunds.com.
Our website uses some of the most secure forms of online communication available, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") protocol data encryption and usernames and passwords. These technologies provide a high level of security and privacy when you access your account information, initiate online transactions, or send secure messages.
SunAmerica Account Access offers customized features that require our use of "HTTP cookies" – tiny pieces of information that we ask your browser to store. However, we make very limited use of these cookies. We do not use them to pull data from your hard drive, to learn your email address or to view data in cookies created by other websites. We will not share the information in our cookies or give others access to it – except to help us better serve your investment needs.
We may also use a service that collects data remotely by using web beacons or tags embedded in our site's content. The data we collect includes which operating system and browser you use, how you navigate to and through our site, and how long you stay on our web pages. This information is anonymous and does not include your name, e-mail address, or any other contact information. We use this data to improve our site by responding to our users' interests and providing more relevant and useful information.
Please note that when you link to any other website from this website, the operator of such other website (whether a SunAmerica company, an affiliated company or a third party) may collect Information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. In addition, your internet or other service provider(s) may collect Information about or submitted by you while you use the website, or any other website. You acknowledge that Information collection or privacy practices of any other party, including affiliated companies, are not monitored or controlled by SunAmerica and SunAmerica is not responsible for such websites. Links on the website to other websites are provided only as a convenience, and the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement of the linked site. You should review the privacy policies of any other website that you visit to understand how your Information is collected and used. This Privacy Statement applies solely to online information collection and use practices in connection with this website.
If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, the changes will be posted in the notice on this website.
What Is Our Information Security Policy?
We consider your Information to be confidential. Only those individuals who need your Information to perform their jobs are authorized to have access to that Information. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards with respect to your Information.
How Can You Review and Correct Your Information?
You may access and review your Information. Please contact us at the number below if you would like more information about this process.
What If You Become an Inactive Customer?
Our policies regarding privacy apply to current and former customers.
For further information about this Privacy Notice relating to: a SunAmerica Mutual Fund, please call 1-800-858-8850, ext 6010.
This Privacy Notice is provided to you for information purposes only. You do not need to call or take any action in response to this notice.
This Privacy Notice is provided on behalf of SunAmerica Asset Management Corporation.
This Privacy Notice is effective as of October 1, 2011.
This is a Privacy Notice. It is NOT part of your contract or prospectus.